Group 3 Instrument Rating (Aeroplane)
The holder of a pilot licence endorsed with an Instrument Rating may exercise :
The privileges of the licence under IFR in accordance with Part VI, Subpart 2, Division VII in respect of the group of aircraft endorsed on the licence ; and
The privileges accorded by a VFR OTT Rating.
Transport Canada Minimum Requirements
Based on training on Cessna 172 at $162/hr solo and $216/hr dual:
- 18 years old and a valid Private Pilot Licence
- Category 1 or 3 Medical Certificate
- 70% on the INRAT written examination
- 50 hours cross country flight time as PIC
- 40 hours Instrument time (Max 20 hours Instrument ground time) @ $7,020 including :
- Minimum 5 hours dual Instrument flight time from a rated Instructor
- One dual 100nm cross-country flight under simulated or actual IMC.
- Complete a flight test to the standard described in the Flight Test Guide @ $350.00
Total Estimated Cost (on C172, including ground briefing, books, and transport Canada Fees ) : $8,450.00
* Price quoted is based on Transport Canada minimum requirements. Most students will require more than minimum required hours to complete their flight training. Therefore, estimated costs will vary accordingly and students should allow for approximately 25% additional funding for the completion of their training. All prices are in CAD and are subject to change without prior notice.